[Tugindia] fonts by TeX

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Fri Jul 2 12:11:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:42:43AM +0530, Manjusha Joshi wrote:
> I want to know that fonts used/install by TeX system on pc can be used by
> other applications?
>
>  Like  devnag fonts can used by openoffice.org?

I think you need to have TrueType fonts for openoffice. Perhaps Type1
fonts will work as well. In the latter case you can use mftrace to
convert devnag fonts to Type1. I don't know of a utility to convert
metafont fonts to TrueType fonts.

Regards,

Kapil.
--
Standards are crucial.  And the best thing about standards is: there are
so ____many to choose from!