[Tugindia] ltxprimer-1.0

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Jan 3 15:48:50 CET 2004

    Kev> Hello all, I downloaded the src of ltxprimer, unzipped,
    Kev> untarred and when tried to run primer.tex under Win XP I get
    Kev> the following error messages:

    Kev> LaTeX Error: Unknown option `oldstyle' for package `sabon'.

You might comment out the following line

 \usepackage[oldstyle]{sabon}

and proceeding three lines of font declaration from the tutorial.sty
so that default CMR fonts would be used.

    Kev> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\hyperref\hpdftex.def ! Undefined control
    Kev> sequence.  l.320 \pdfoutput =1

I used pdfLaTeX instead of LaTeX to directly write pdf output. If you
prefer to use LaTeX, you might change 'pdftex' option in the following
line to 'dvips' option in the following line:

 \usepackage[pdftex,colorlinks,linkcolor=orange]{hyperref}

in primer.tex.

    Kev> I just wanted to know if the SRC file is for reference only
    Kev> or is it compilable under LaTeX, or whether I should download
    Kev> the PDF version.

It compiles perfectly, that is how the pdf is generated.

Best