[Tugindia] RE: Ligatures

Suresh A.L sureshal at sps.co.in
Tue Feb 17 06:28:01 CET 2004

Dear All,

In hyphenation of a particular word, I have inserted "\-" in the ligature
characters.

  Ex:  definition  --->   def\-inition    (fi --> Ligature)

I am able to hyphenate at the line breakings as

		-------------------
		-------------- def-
		inition------------
		-------------------

but if it misses in the line breakings, and if it comes in the center or
starting of line,
the ligature character "fi" is missing, and I am getting two characters as
"f" and "i",
because of the "\-" in word (def\-inition). Similarly for "fl" also.

I have tried with \hyphenation{def-inition, signif-icantly,...}, removing
all "\-" in Ligature words.
But, I have give hundred's of such words in the preamble every time.

Is there any other way to get the ligature letters, having "\-" in between
the them.
Like f\-i, f\-l.

Thanking you all in advance,

With regards,