[Tugindia] Re: lines jutting out (Baburaj A. Puthenveettil)

M.Kalidoss mkalidoss at sancharnet.in
Fri Dec 17 17:17:26 CET 2004

> Can anybody tell me how to make lines which sometimes jut out of
> the paragraphs to break automatically at the textwidth?
> Baburaj

The problem occurs when TeX does not know how to hyphenate
the particular word which occurs at the end of the line.

You may supply hyphenation at the desired place in the word;
then TeX will hyphenate it whether hyphenation is required or
not (when you modify the document later).

Better method would be to give in the preamble
\hyphnetion{here you give all possible hyphenation options for the word(s)}.
In that case, hyphenation is effected only when it is required.

M. Kalidoss