[Tugindia] Re: Help to typeset Gamma function (Manoj Kummini)

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:49:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 20:53:49hrs +0530, M. Kalidoss wrote:

> > > Kindly help me to typeset gamma function (maths). (Kalidoss)
> > Have you tried \Gamma ?
> > Manoj.
>
> \Gamma produces the Greek capital letter GAMMA.

I am sorry, but I perhaps misunderstood your question. Do you want to
generate the graph of the gamma function and include it in your article or
want to print `gamma(n)'. For the former, try gnuplot. To print `gamma(n)',
I would use \Gamma(n) or, if there is a need to put super-(sub-)scripts,
use \DeclareMathOperator.

With regards,
Manoj.

--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,