[Tugindia] OM in Omega Devnag

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 14 05:59:42 CEST 2004

>The table in article by Harlambous and Plaice says that one has to
>Type .o for Om.(Table at the bottom consisting of special characters.)

Yes. It also says it is the scheme of Velthuis. But it is not working in Omega!

On a closure look I found the following :

In velthuis2unicode it is defined as `.'`m' = > @"0950 ; i.e, it was converted to Unicode equivalent. But in hindi-cuni2font it was not converted to font. So we have to add the following :

in Aliases section between PHA and QA

OM = (@"0950) ;

and in expressions section between {NYA} and {PA}

{OM} => "003A ;

As usual I have not tried it.

#################

Yesterday I stumbled upon another thing.

In TeluguTeX I could not produce telugu characters in \section{....} or any other command. Yesterday I tried all the following with Omega-devnag and it beautifully typeset in Hindi

\title{$Omega$mega \hindi ek paricay}
\author{{\hindi duvvUri veNu gOpAl}\\{\hindi kASi hindU viSvavidyAlay}}

\section{\hindi paricay}

I was so much excited it opens up a plethora of possibilities. Do you know this?

Now we can translate {The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX} into Hindi or we can write Omega/Lambda manual in Hindi.

Now what I want is

(a) like pdfTeX and pdfLaTeX it will be good if there are pdfOmega pdfLambda  (we can directly create pdf files).

(b) Inclusion of Omega and Lambda in the AUCTeX so that we can directly process the files from Emacs. I think it is a trivial job (only one has to know in which *.el file we have to add Omega = xxxx).

Can any body help us!

Venu Gopal

########

P.S.:

I don't want to bombard the tugindia group with our discussions. So interested persons may indicate so we will keep in touch with them with our work (via private e-mails).