[Tugindia] Could we able to increase the default dimension?

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Sep 28 06:59:54 CEST 2003

    Baskaran> I set a box to find the width of the figure caption for
    Baskaran> formatting caption.  Suppose the box width is above
    Baskaran> 17000pt, then it will show the following error

    Baskaran> ! Dimension too large.

Is not that sufficient for a caption? Note that the default maximum
dimension is 18.9 feet. I am curious to know the situation where you
need a dimension beyond 18.9 feet.

Assuming that the figure caption is 18.9 feet wide, what will be the
size of the figure and what will be the dimensions of the paper?  Is
there any device that supports such a dimension?