[Tugindia] placing figures in correct places in report class

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Sat Sep 13 13:06:35 CEST 2003

Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana schrieb:
> E. Krishnan wrote:
>

>> This is puzzling. If you are using PSTricks to draw figures, why
>> export it using "\includegraphics" ?!!
>

> True!
>  Since I found it handy to convert figs once in  .ps and then .eps so
> that code should ne intact and tex file will not much long then.
>
> Otherwise, what is good option to insert figs, you think?

When you export pstricks stuff to an eps image, you should
be sure, that there is no pagenumber. Your image is much too
high for one page, so latex puts it at the end. This was, what
I told you.

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\def\x{text text text text }
\begin{document}
\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
\begin{figure}[!htb]
\centering
\includegraphics[height=0.8\textheight]{/tmp/ch1fg1}
\caption{blah}\label{blah}
\end{figure}
\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x\x
\end{document}

this works with your graphic. But it makes not real sense
to convert such simple pstricks stuff to an eps. Insert
the pstricks part instead of the \includegraphics

Herbert