[Tugindia] placing figures in correct places in report class

Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana bhaskara_p at vsnl.com
Sat Sep 13 12:59:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I want to place figures in report class file at right place.
When I used following code
  \usepackae{graphics}
:
:
\includegraphics{myfile.eps}

It places the figure where it wants and not per my requirement.
I also tried with

\begin{figure}[h]
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{myfile.eps}
\caption{}
\label{}
\end{center}
\end{figure}

etc.
Still figure is coming on some other page and top of the page. And
skipping whole page empty text comes on the next page.

I also tried with \usepackage{graphicx}. But no good effect.
My figures are using pstricks and bounding box is also ok.
I am using report class and now I cannot change it.
My dissertation work is going on and I want to submit it very soon.
Please  help.

Thanks in advance.

Manjusha Joshi