[Tugindia] windvi / itrans problem

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Thu Oct 16 15:49:35 CEST 2003

-
This is what I have done so far.

I have built a Tex directory in my c: drive as follows
e:/setupw32/mkloctex.bat c e

Copied the *.sty & *.tex files from c:/itrans53 to
c:/Tex/texmf/tex/latex/itrans Copied the remaining contents of
c:/itrans53 to c:/Tex/texmf/itrans

Appended the following to c:/Tex/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps

% ITRANS
p +c:/itrans/lib/psfonts.map
p +c:/itrans/lib/dvng.map
H .;c:/itrans53/lib;c:/itrans/lib/fonts

Ran mktexlsr by clicking Maintenance-> TexLiveMaintenance in the TexLive
menu.

I have a queer feeling that this isn't enough but don't know what else
must be done. Help!

Sincerely - amaity.

Hi!
Create the following directories:
C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/source/itrans. Put the metafont files(.mf)
C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/tfm/itrans. Put all the .tfm files here.
C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/type1/itrans. Put all the .pfa and .pfb files here.
C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/afm/itrans. Put all the afm files here.
C:/Tex/texmf/fonts/vf Put all the virtual font files (.vf)here.(If my
memory serves
 me right, there are no .vf files with itrans package.)
You seem to have carried out  whatever that is necessary for the dvips.
These instructions should be enough.
Best of luck,
Venkataraman