[Tugindia] Query... printing two pages (in book-sized format) on A4

phatak at iopb.res.in phatak at iopb.res.in
Thu Oct 9 11:39:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:

> I'm quite a newbie to Lyx, leave along TeX. Can someone help me with this:
> how to I print two book-sized pages on an A4 page, so that a photo-copy of
> the e-book looks like a real book? Also, this would allow us to take the
> required-size print outs, if the possibilities of printing arise.

I suppose you have done typesetting and run latex. There is a utility
called mpage which comes with linux distro ( at least redhat ) which can
format ps output into another ps file with large number of options. One (
default ) option is to have two ( typeset ) pages per page in the output.
The output of mpage is in postscript format so you can print, view or do
anything you want.

Hope this helps.

Shahsikant Phatak

	S. C. Phatak

	Sachivalaya Marg			ph.(O) (0674) 2301 771 Ex. 210

	Institute of Physics			ph.(H) (0674) 2301 444

	Bhubaneswar 751 005  			email-	phatak at iopb.res.in