[Tugindia] Table number

Manoj Kummini kummini at math.ukans.edu
Thu Oct 2 10:54:33 CEST 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 12:39:57hrs +0530, JAYESH KUMAR wrote:

> How do I supress table numbet in Latex table? How can I change the font
> used for number the tables and figures?

Captions of tables are controlled using the macro \tablename and the
counter \c at table. In standard article.cls, \tablename has the value
`Table', and the counter keeps the number. The macro \fnum at table, which by
default is \tablename~\thetable is used by the \caption statement. You can
change it to suit your needs. See standard article.cls and latex.ltx.

Figures are handled similarly.

With regards,

Manoj

--
Manoj Kummini
Graduate Student, Dept. of Mathematics, The Univ. of Kansas,