[Tugindia] doubts on tables

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Fri May 30 10:37:55 CEST 2003

Hello,

Naveen wrote:
> Could you also explain as to why \begin{spacing}{0.5}
> works but not \singlespacing. That would help me to
> tackle future problems better.

The commands \singlespacing,\doublespacing and so on are *global*
commands that change the style for the entire document (which is why
they appear in the preamble).

Within the document there are *relative* changes that can be made
within environments. Thus \begin{spacing}{0.5} is half the spacing
used in the global document (I assume half of double is single---but
this is probably not strictly true because of stylistic changes).

> The third doubt that i was refering to in the earlier
> posting is in the case of a latex code shown below.

The solution has been posted by Krishnan.

Another mailing list hint. Please don't repost the entire
message you are replying to (either at the top or at the bottom).

You can quote the relevant portions either with a '> ' as my mail
program does or by simply indenting it.

Regards,

Kapil.