[Tugindia] amsbook and amsart classes

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed May 21 20:33:12 CEST 2003

    Dinesh> Dear all, Usually the front matter of a book includes the
    Dinesh> following.

    Dinesh> 1. On the Title page: Besides Title and authors, Publisher
    Dinesh> with address, Year of publication

    Dinesh> 2. On the back of the title page: Publisher, Copyright,
    Dinesh> Edition No. Year, ISBN Printer with address.

    Dinesh> 3. On the third and following pages: Preface

    Dinesh> 4. TOC

    Dinesh> We also see in various journals of the American
    Dinesh> Mathematical Society, the top matter on the top right
    Dinesh> corner of the first page of the paper. Say in Proceedings
    Dinesh> of AMS, we see Proceedings.... , Pages 0000-0000 etc.

It is nothing but the manipulation of headers and footers or rather
defining new page styles with different kind of headers/footers. This
custom defined pagestyle can be applied to a particular page (in your
case the first page) with the command

  \thispagestyle{<your custom page style>}

Radhakrishnan

PS: Dinesh, by the way, please change your address book.
    <tuglist at tug.org.in> was the stone age name of this list. The
    current name is <tugindia at tug.org>.