[Tugindia] Re: Riddle from LinuxLingam

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Mon May 12 12:52:57 CEST 2003

> wrapfig.sty is not the right candidate, instead shapepar.sty is the
 I dont know why, by description Wrapfig seemed the ideal package for
this. Will not using shapepar be a bit problematic across pages, if text
finishes on one page. Also, if there are such figures (at times two on
the same page) on every page, will text shaping have to be done at every
place. It could be useful to just have fixed figure and let text wrap
around figure with parameters in percentage of figure size telling where
text should indent. Can this be sort of automated?

 Saying all that, the result of shapepar is pretty good, and real fancy
almost.

> right one. Please see the output I have generated from your sources
> and available at:
>

>   http://tug.org/~cvr/ll.pdf

 Wonderful, as usual, guru.

> People interested in the sources may find it in the pdf file itself as
> an unused object. For those fortunate souls who use GNU/Linux can
> extract sources with pdftosrc command and others can open the pdf file
> in a text editor, copy and paste from it.
I couldn't find pdftosrc on my GNU, but could take out the source from
the pdf source.
 Thanks,

Amitabh