[Tugindia] pdflatex can split pages?

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon May 12 11:29:47 CEST 2003

    Manjusha> Hi, As dvips can generate different ps file as output
    Manjusha> file having particular page numbers:

    Manjusha> like suppose outof 20 pages .ps file we want new pas
    Manjusha> file having page number 19 only. We can do it with dvips
    Manjusha> options and with out changing our tex file.  Is it also
    Manjusha> possible with pdflatex? What is the command for that?

 \usepackage[final]{pdfpages}

in the preamble and in the body of your document:

 \includepdf[pages={19}]{<your_pdf_file.pdf>}

The pages option is a comma separated and/or hyphen separated range of
pages.

Run pdfLaTeX and you get a pdf with page number 19 of the document you
needed to have.

You can also use pdfpages to merge two pdf documents. You may not have
pdfpages.sty in your TeX system by default, grab it from CTAN.

Best.