[Tugindia] Re: Hi Amitabh

Amitabh Trehan amitabhtrehan at softhome.net
Fri May 9 05:42:57 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 20:48, Vaibhav Sharma wrote:
> Hi Amitabh Thanks to the TUG meeting, I am trying to learn TeX. I have downloaded the few tutorials, which you had shown in your presentations on that day. I hope that very soon I will be comfortable with it. By the way Amitabh on that day you had shown a small mannual, which had lots of symbols that can be used in LaTeX. Is this document available on the web? In case yes, do let me know the url. Otherwise tell me how can I obtain that document. Kind regards Vaibhav Sharma

Hi Vaibhav,
 Thanks for writing in.  You must be using tetex supplied with Linux. In
that case, do install tetex-docs as well. Then, you'll find quite a
useful guide called by the name of lshort.dvi in /usr/share/texmf/doc
... . Here, you'll find many useful docs. Actually, the symbol guide I
showed you is called symbols (dvi or ps etc.) . It is available with the
TeXLive CD available through TUGIndia, and on any ftp server of CTAN
e.g. ftp.dante.de . Of course, everything else is also available on
CTAN.

Amitabh