[Tugindia] A Day with TeX and Friends in Bangalore

yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in
Wed May 7 12:08:30 CEST 2003

We have great pleasure in announcing 'A Day with TeX and Friends' along
with the launch of the Karnatak Chapter of TUGIndia on May 8, 2003 at the
PES Institute of Technology, Ring Road, Bangalore. The detailed programme
is given below. All are invited.

(We are sorry for this very delayed annoncement; the event got arranged at
a short notice and in fact should have been held on May 7th!)

>       -------------------------------
>         The Indian TeX Users Group
>              Karnataka Chapter
>
>        Takes pleasure in announcing the launch of the
>             TUGIndia - Karnataka Chapter
>        and the Inauguration of
>             A Day with TeX and Friends
>                    by
>             Sri Vivek Kulkarni
>        (Secretary, Dept of IT and BT, Govt of Karnataka)

              Prof. Jawahar,
>             Director, PESIT
>         has kindly consented to preside over the function.
>
>       Venue: Seminar Hall, PESIT
>       Date:  May 8, 2003
>       Time:  9.30 AM

                    PROGRAMME

>       9.30 AM:         Welcome
>                C S Yogananda, Chairman, TUGIndia Board.
>       9.35 AM: Lighting of the Lamp and Inaugural Speech
>                  Vivek Kulkarni
>       9.50 AM: Objectives and Activities of the Karnataka Chapter
>                  Abhas Abhinav
>       10.00 AM: President's Remarks
>                  Jawahar
>       10.10 AM: Vote of Thanks
>                  N A Prakash
>
>                   TEA
>            `A Day with TeX and Friends'
>
>       10.45AM: TeX and friends with a case study of Trivandrum
>                telephone directory: C V Radhakrishnan
>       12.00  : Enterprise and Linux with a case study of Online bill
>                payment system of Trivandrum telephones: Anil Kumar, K
>        3.00PM: Free Software and its relevance in
>                higher education: E. Krishnan
>
>       Demos on some aspects of TeX will be arranged.

C S Yogananda
MO-Cell (NBHM, DAE)
Dept. of Mathematics
Indian Institute of Science