[Tugindia] headings in the title page of articles.

Somendra M Bhattacharjee somen at iopb.res.in
Sat Mar 22 16:33:50 CET 2003

On 20 Mar 2003, Josy P. Pullockara wrote:

> I would like to have the "Proceedings name" as the top left header on
> each article's TITLE page. This is usually done for most journals to put

This may be a way to do the job (hacked from an old style file by a
colleague, for a proceedings)

The vertical positions may be altered by changing the \vskip lengths.
Also there is a need to do latex twice (for lastpage)

smb

****************

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\def\procpage#1#2#3{%
{%
\hrule width0pt height0pt \vskip -35pt%
\noindent\hbox{{\it My Journal} {\bf #1#2}(#3),
\thepage--\pageref{lastpage}
(\number\year) }\hfill %
\proclogo%
\vskip \textheight
\flushright\copyright\space\number\year\space ABCD
\nopagebreak
\vskip -\textheight
\vskip -20pt }%
}

%%%%%%%%%%% if you don't want LOGO comment out ``\proclogo" above

\def\proclogo{%
{%
\fbox{\Huge{LOGO}}
\vskip 50pt }%
}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\setcounter{page}{420}

%%%% this defines the page number for the title page

\begin{document}

\procpage{766}{A}{5}

%%%% This procpage call  MUST come first
%%%% three  fields are vol, series, issue

This is the title  page.

\newpage

This is the second page.

\label{lastpage}