[Tugindia] Preview-LaTeX - help required

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:52:23 CET 2003

Hello List Members

After my posting regarding AUC-TeX I found the AUC-TeX and
Preview-LaTeX rpm's on the net. I downloaded them and Installed
them.

While installing the Preview-LaTeX-Xemacs ***.rpm the installation
asked for some CD - I supplied the PCQ CDs but it did not
recognise and I have to stop the installation abruptly.

The Preview-LaTeX-emacs *** installed. The "Preview" item is
appearing on the menu bar in emacs (tty based). But when I tried
to view it the following message is coming:

"Display geometry unavailable: Wrong type argument:
number-or-marker-p, nil".

In the windows - (gnome) the following is the last line in C-c C-`
- "Preview-LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1"

When I tried to view the document - it is showing only the
equations. It is not able to show the entire document or the
environments like - enumerate etc. Yes, it is showing the -
"References" for \thebibliography!?

I think I don't have the XEmacs in my machine, because, today
while going through the RPM package installed the XEmacs is
unmarked. I tried to install it - but the same thing repeated - it
is asking for some CD for some program.

Any clues??

Thanking you,

D. Venu Gopal
Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn