[Tugindia] AUCTeX Problem

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Mar 15 04:35:24 CET 2003

Hello List

Recently I upgraded to RedHat Linux 8.0 (PCQuest - March, 2003)
distribution. I am facing some problem after this installation in
AUC-TeX or in Emacs. Giving below the details:

Emacs version : GNU Emacs 21.2.1
AucTeX version : auctex-10.0g

Problem : hilighting of commands
1) When opening old *.tex files the commands are not
highlighted.
2) On new *.tex file it is highlighting properly.

Later I installed - hilit-LaTeX

Now (1) Old *.tex files are proper highlighted.
But (2) when typing in a new *.tex file after typing "{" it is
returning to black and white -- \begin, \end, \enumerate etc.
commands.

I tried to see it in a old *.tex file. Old commands are showing in
highlite mode. The new commands like \begin \end etc. are showing
in purple but as soon as I type "{" it is turning to black and
white.

The entries in .emacs file are

(require 'tex-site)
(load "tex-site")

(if window-system
   (require 'hilit-LaTeX))

Kindly guide me.

D. Venu Gopal

Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn