[Tugindia] Makefile

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Mar 5 12:03:49 CET 2003

"Nikhil Joshi" <nikhil_joshi at gmx.net> writes:

> [...]

Not quite right.  `make' merely uses a file `Makefile', and that needs
to be generated in the first place.  The `configure' program generates
`Makefile' from `Makefile.in' (and often other xxx from xxx.in), and
the `automake' program generates `Makefile.in' from `Makefile.am'.

UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html>