[Tugindia] Adding an Appendix to a report

yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in yoga at math.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Jun 17 13:16:50 CEST 2003

> How can I add an Appendix to a report such that it does not appear as a
> chapter? I would like the header to say Appendix in italics.

In the Book class there are these commands - \frontmatter, \mainmatter and
\backmatter - which take care of these things. *frontmatter* usually
consists of table of contents, preface, acknowledgements, etc and these
pages are numbered in roman numerals; the *mainmatter* is the body of book
usually consisting of all the  chapters and *backmatter* consists of
appendices, index, bibliography etc. The detainls are in the LaTeX book of
Lamport.

C S Yogananda
MO-Cell (NBHM, DAE)
Dept. of Mathematics