[Tugindia] How to typeset in two columns keeping the title and abstract in single column format.

indrajit at cal2.vsnl.net.in indrajit at cal2.vsnl.net.in
Sun Jun 8 09:06:14 CEST 2003

Dear Friends,
             I like to typeset my paper in two columns format keeping the
title and the abstract in one column format. This means that the two column
format will start just after the abstract i.e., from the first section of
the paper. For this I issue the command \twocolumn after \end{abstract} but
it produces the two column format from 2nd page (starting with 1st section)
leaving the title page blank after the abstract. Kindly advise me in this
regard so that the two column format can start from the title page just
after the abstract. Thanking all
                                                      Yours sincerely
                                                       Indrajit Lahiri