[Tugindia] Re: Word problem

Ashis Kumar Mal akmal at ece.iitkgp.ernet.in
Tue Jun 3 19:29:37 CEST 2003

I feel anyone who wants to migrate from word
to LaTex, should be helped more generously.
After all lot of word users use it just because
the machine has it loaded, and most of them
are unaware of any TeX. When someone tries to
switch from word, they should be encouraged by offering
easy tips as the list usually does. Infact the list
should inform us the flexibilty of LaTeX so that figures
drawn in other format can also be ported to LaTeX.
In fact drawing something in LaTex(pstricks) is a nightmare to me.

I am not sure by asking them to go to elsewhere we can
really promote LaTeX.

I am sorry if it hurts the list users.

With regards,

Ashis Kumar Mal