[Tugindia] (no subject)

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Jun 3 18:24:46 CEST 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Renugopal M wrote:

> I have a figure (Line drawing) in MS word.
> How can I convert (ps or eps) to use in tex
> without loosing the quality of the figure.

Hi,
	Eventhough this query is not suitable for this list, I feel the
easiest way is to use the print to file option.

This is what I do

1. Print the .doc to a file using a postscript printer (the o/p would be
.prn)

2. Rename it as .ps to get the ps file. The bounding box may be larger
than just around the figure. If so, use ghost view to convert ps to eps
and choose the bounding box appropriately.

bye
regards
Baburaj
Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                  Ph: 91 080 3942624,3942591,3600265
Ph: 91 080 3942302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu at mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj at rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu