[Tugindia] mpegs in presentation

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Jul 20 11:42:34 CEST 2003

    Baburaj> Hi, I have a presentation to make that needs mpegs to be
    Baburaj> played along with equations etc . Does pdfscreen or

No. pdfscreen doesn't have any command for movie inclusion, since I
can't test this in a Linux box.  The Acrobat Reader doesn't have the
necessary plugin for Linux.  However, you can try the following code
for a Win32 box:

\newcommand{\movie}[2]{% arg. 1: relative path to the movie file
                       % arg. 2: hyperlinked key word, starts the movie
      \begingroup%
      \leavevmode%
      \pdfstartlink%
      attr{/Border [0 0 0]/H/I/C[0 0.7 0.7]}%
      user{/Subtype /Movie /Title (#1)%
          /Movie << /F (#1) %
                    /Poster false>> % use true for a single frame
          /A << /ShowControls true  %
                /Mode /Repeat       % auto loop
                /FWScale [1 1]>>}   % sets horizontal and vertical scales
      \pdfliteral{0 1 0 0 k}{#2}    % sets the key word's colour
      \normalcolor%
      \pdfendlink%
      \endgroup}

 This is an example \movie{file-name}{movie}.

I am curious to know the results. Please mail me offlist if you find
success with this.