[Tugindia] footnotes in one paragraph and setting the textheight

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri dileep_pv at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 15:24:36 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am facing the following problems:

1) I would like to have the footnotes printed in one
paragraph instead of separate lines. I tried packages
like manyfoot.sty, footmisc.sy etc. With these
packages, I get the required results when I use the
footnotes in normal texts (with
\usepackage[para]{footmisc} in the preample). However
when I have the footnotes inside a minipage
environment (like in tables), I am not getting the
required results. What can be done to overcome this
problem.

2) I was trying to make the style files for some
Chemistry journals. For the pagelayout  I used
commands like \setlength{\textheight}{253mm}. However,
when I took the print out of the ps file, I found that

the pagenumber at the bottom is also included in the
lenght of 253mm. Is it normal (that the page number at
the bottom is included  in the definition of
textheight)? I was under the impression that
pagenumber is actually a footer.

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep