[Tugindia] Re: changing section counter display

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Thu Jul 10 15:58:36 CEST 2003

Today at 1:38am -0500 amitabhtrehan at softhome.net wrote:

>   since this is chapter  4 in the book (which is not  going to be in
>   TeX unfortunately) I  need the numbering to be adjusted  so that 4
>   is prefixed to everything. hope this makes it more clear.

setcounter should help. Chapter  4 starting from page  401 and Chapter
21 starting from page 251 may be done as:

 \cleardoublepage \setcounter{page}{401} \setcounter{chapter}{3}
  \input{chapter4.tex}
 \cleardoublepage \setcounter{page}{251} \setcounter{chapter}{20}
  \input{chapter21.tex}

--
H.S.Rai    http://www.grex.org/~hsrai | Registered Linux User # 223684

"The greatest tragedy in life is people who have sight but no vision."
                                                           Helen Keller