[Tugindia] Filling PDF Forms with LaTeX

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Thu Feb 20 14:46:38 CET 2003

Hello,

Manoj Kummini wrote:
> I have a form in PDF, in which I have to enter my name and address.
> Is
> there a way to do this with LaTeX? I tried using the file as the
> background for a slide  with ifmslide and pdfscreen, but it is rather
> cumbersome. Is there a nice way of doing it?

The program pstoedit is quite useful for converting PS and PDF files
into and editable form.

For example, I was able to download the IT department's PDF forms, convert
them to "fig" using "pstoedit". Then one can fill them with a standard
editor or even use "xfig". Finally, one can export them as PS, ""merge"
them (either with an editor or with TeX!) and convert back to PDF
using Ghostscript.

In some ways your method looks simpler!

Kapil.