[Tugindia] Font Errors

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Sun Aug 31 22:56:51 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Kev [mailto:sooltaal at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 4:02 AM
To: tugindia at tug.org
Subject: [Tugindia] Font Errors

Hello all once again.

I thought I should include the type of errors when I
try to use lucidabr in \usepackage{lucidabr}
declaration.
Upon running LaTeX this is what is given in the
document properties of Yap 0.99a:

Making PK font:
C:\texmf\miktex\bin\makepk.exe --verbose hlhb8r 795
600 1+195/600 ljfour
name: hlhb8r, dpi=795, bdpi=600, mag=1+195/600,
mode=ljfour
makemf --verbose hlhb8r
cannot find hlhb8r source file.
ttf2pk -q -n hlhb8r 795
hbf2gf -q -p hlhb8r 795
Consulting C:\texmf\miktex\config\config.makepk...
Creating hlhb8r.pk...
searching FontOutline for LucidaBright-Demi...
makepk: no FontOutline found for LucidaBright-Demi

Hi!
You need .pfa/.pfb files for printing.  Lucida is a
Commercial font and you have to buy this font to be able to
Use it.  All you get in the CTAN are supporting .sty files.
Venkataraman.