[Tugindia] pdffonts

Ashis Kumar Mal akmal at ece.iitkgp.ernet.in
Sun Aug 31 19:56:10 CEST 2003

> Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
> Fri May 16 06:56:22 CEST 2003
>

> I don't know, whether you are aware that there exists a command
> pdffonts in Linux which would help you to see what are all the fonts
> in a pdf document and whether the fonts are subset/embedded. Here is
> the usage and output:
>
> [danube] [10:58 AM] [~/test/pdf]: pdffonts ptest.pdf
>
> name                                 type         emb sub uni object ID
> ------------------------------------ ------------ --- --- --- ---------
> LAZERF+LucidaSans-Demi               Type 1       yes yes no      15  0
> NIODNL+LucidaSans-TypewriterBold     Type 1       yes yes no      18  0
> LMDLRX+LucidaSans                    Type 1       yes yes no      21  0
>
> [danube] [11:14 AM] [~/test/pdf]:

I ran pdffonts to my pdf files generated from LaTeX using pdflatex
and dvips-ps2pdf.

The response generated are similar but with lot of 'no' s against 'emb'
and 'sub' column. The problem is mostly with times* fonts.
I have used usepackage{times}, but there seems to have some problem
with fonts etc.

With dvips-ps2pdf, fonts types are shown as type-1c

How do I get rid of this(I believe this is not good).

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Ashis Kumar Mal
Kharagpur