[Tugindia] designing title pages

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Aug 23 06:09:51 CEST 2003

    Sivaram> Hello, Apologies for the long post...

    Sivaram> I'm trying to design a title page which has the following

    Sivaram> 1. red colour frame in the title page only 2. Logos in
    Sivaram> the places marked X; T is the Title 3. no page number on
    Sivaram> titlepage

You can make use of pdfscreen in conjunction with following macros to
accomplish your job:

\makeatletter
\def\putpagefig[#1]#2{\AddToOverlay{%
   \setlength{\@tempdima}{0pt}
   \setlength{\@tempdimb}{\paperwidth-2\@tempdima}
   \setlength{\@tempdimc}{\paperheight-2\@tempdima}
   \setlength{\unitlength}{1pt}\thinlines%
    \put(\strip at pt\@tempdima,\strip at pt\@tempdima){%
      \makebox(\strip at pt\@tempdimb,\strip at pt\@tempdimc)[#1]{%
     {#2}}}}}

\def\putfig(#1)#2{\AddToOverlay{%
   \setlength{\unitlength}{1pt}\thinlines%
    \put(#1){\includegraphics{#2}}}}

\long\def\puttext(#1)#2{\AddToOverlay{%
  \setlength{\unitlength}{1pt}\thinlines%
  \put(#1){#2}}}
\makeatother

Usage:

\putpagefig[cc]{%
  \begin{minipage}{3.5in}
  \begin{center}
   \includegraphics[width=3in]{/opt/cvr/misc-pdf/texlive-lion.pdf}
  \end{center}
}

\puttext(544,6){\href{http://www.tug.org.in}{
  \footnotesize\color{orange}\sffamily\itshape
   This entire document has been created with \TeX{} at \tugindia office}}

\putfig(35,325){images-fig1.pdf}
\putfig(584,325){images-fig1.pdf}

\putfig helps you to include a figure anywhere in the page
irrespective of your margins, \puttext to place any text anywhere in
the page. \putpagefig, as the name indicates take account of the
entire page while placing the figure.

You might see the following document, which is generated by pdfscreen
and the above macros.

  http://www.tug.org.in/ttp/vme-brochure-color.pdf

If you need the sources, I am only happy send it to you or anyone
interested. Please mail me offline.

Best

Radhakrishnan

PS: By the way, a newer release of pdfscreen will have these and other
    goodies.