[Tugindia] bangtex new release

Somendra M Bhattacharjee somen at iopb.res.in
Wed Aug 20 20:21:43 CEST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

> excellent and the glyph shapes remarkably refined, kerning and spacing
> seem to be very good (I don't know if my judgement is right!).

   As a user of bangtex, I may say, Yes, the judgement is right!

> By the way, why don't you offer type1 fonts?

  Type 1 fonts are  also available from the bangtex home page, though I
  guess it is maintained separately.
  For example, Gitobitan (Lyrics of songs by Rabindranath Tagore)
  available online at
           http://www.iopb.res.in/~somen/gitobitan.html
  uses  type 1 fonts.
  I may add that the whole collection (>2000 songs) is searchable (search
  is based on  pruned latex files).
  I wonder if there is any other  searchable site  on  books in
   Indian languages.

> PS: What's the licence of BangTeX?

   Bangex is released under GPL.

Thanks for the comments/suggestions.  I am forwarding it to the bangtex
list.

smb