[Tugindia] Bold and Italic versions of dvng font

Alex A.J. alexaj at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 30 15:31:24 CEST 2003

From: Amitabh Trehan <amitabhtrehan at softhome.net>
Subject: Re: [Tugindia] Bold and Italic versions of dvng font

> Mine did not work (with pdflatex). I think simply latex worked( not
> sure??) .I had to run updmap so it could update files like
> /usr/TeX/texmf-var/dvips/config/pdftex.map . Is it a different setup.

Very strange. pdfTeX reads TEXMF/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg
and includes all map files specified in it (like "map +something.map").
This is also the case with dvips which reads
TEXMF/dvips/config/config.ps ( p +something.map ).
I'm clueless as to what went wrong with ur setup.
Of course, using updmap is good enough, but if the above method
doesn't work then you may have some problem with ur
installation. Let me burn some coffee and think over it.

Alex.