[Tugindia] Mandrake9.0 and Latex

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun Apr 27 11:46:33 CEST 2003

    Asokan> Tetex is there in Mandrake 9.0. Install the tetex related
    Asokan> rpms from CD no. 3

Why such fuzz over TeX in Linux? I believe all the Linux distribution
has teTeX since TeX is the default text formatter in any flavour of
Linux.  So many documentation projects in Linux, especially the Linux
doc project intensely rely on TeX and friends.

    Asokan> #rpm -ivh tetex*

    Asokan> It also has dvipdfm that produces good quality pdf file
    Asokan> from dvi both for view and print.

Does that have more features/conveniences than pdfTeX/pdfLaTeX?

By the way, Asokan, top posting is a very bad practice in a mailing
list. I would earnestly request you to learn how to quote snippets
from a previous post instead of appending the whole text of the post
along with all the huge signatures, especially when some of our
subscribers have almost their full bio-data in their signatures.

Best