[Tugindia] TeX in curriculum

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Fri Apr 25 10:11:28 CEST 2003

University of Kerala has introduced TeX as one of the optional papers
for its postgraduate program in Mathematics.  I recently met one of
the examiners who evaluated the end semester exam papers + projects.
I was amused to learn from him that most of the students opted for TeX
and that he saw sparks of brilliance in a few.  The biggest problem,
he guessed, maybe the insuffiencies of faculty members, since the
emphasis was to teach TeX as a language and related programming.
Probably TUGIndia should offer teaching resources -- both faculty and
literature as well.

Best