[Tugindia] Where to put a class file.

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Apr 10 12:49:00 CEST 2003

>>>>> "indrajit" == indrajit  <indrajit at cal2.vsnl.net.in> writes:

    indrajit> Dear Friends, I use the tex-live5 CD to install the
    indrajit> latex package. Now I like to use the class file
    indrajit> "lms.cls" of London Mathematical Society. If I place the
    indrajit> file in the folder of the tex-file of the document which
    indrajit> is being typeset then it works fine. Please tell me if I
    indrajit> want to install the class file "lms.cls" permanently,
    indrajit> where should I place the file.

Anywhere below:

  $TEXMF/tex/latex/

and update TeX's file database by running texhash.

By the way, <tuglist at tug.org.in> to which you've cc'd is a non
existent list.  We kept this id just for avoding hardships during the
early phase of our list's migration to TUG servers. Now, we would
remove it once for all.