[Tugindia] two side document

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri dileep_pv at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 16:42:40 CEST 2003

Hello,

When I give the option `twoside' in an article or
report (\documentclass[twoside, openright]{article}).I
find that odd pages have higher right margins and even
pages have higer left margins. However, in general, is
it not that we will be requiring it the other way?
Since binding of the report takes away some space, one
would prefer to have higer right margins for even
numbered pages (left page) and higher left margins for
the odd pages (right page). I am curious to know why
isthe default style the other way (is it for margin
notes?).
I would also like to know how can I just interchange
it so that binding can be done
offhand.

With best regards,

Dileep