[Tugindia] Good LaTeX for beginner on Windows

E. Krishnan tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:45:11 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, H.S.Rai wrote:

> 2) Does these are included in TeXLive7, or their equivalent. If not,
> what TeXLive7 offer for window users.

I haven't checked out the Windows part of TeXLive7, but I've installed the
previous version in Windows for some of my friends. It provides a sort of
IDE called WinShell consisting of an editing window and  buttons
to compile and view. There are also buttons and menus to insert certain
symbols, control sequences and so on.

Installation is a cinch, since the CD has autorun and all you've to do is
check some options and click some buttons.

--
Krishnan