[Tuglist] print the color images to monochrome images

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
06 Sep 2002 08:33:13 +0530

    Baskaran> Dear sir I handle a job with lot of color images. They
    Baskaran> needed only monochrome image print-out, without any
    Baskaran> intruption in the image files, I want to print the color
    Baskaran> images to monochrome images. There is any package
    Baskaran> available for switch off the color.

TeX has nothing to do with the image files that it includes in a
document. It just reads the bounding box information from the eps
files, creates a box of these dimensions, provides a pointer to the
graphic file when we request TeX to include a graphic.

It is the previewer and printer that take care of rendering and
printing respectively, do the processing of graphic images. As such, I
guess, there is no scope for manipulating the color of images within a
TeX compilation.