[Tugindia] how to include .tif graphics ?

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tugindia@tug.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:48:10 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know one more thing. How is pdftex
supporting other graphics formats (other than eps)?
Basically, I am interested to know how exactly LaTex
and pdflatex are handling graphics. You mentioned in
your previous mail that LaTex reads the bounding box
information (that is what I understood) of
graphics.eps. What about pdflatex when we use for
example a  graphics.jpg?

 For example, if one want to
> include a scanned image
> > in his tex file, most of the time there will be a
> loss of resolution
> > on conversion of scanned images (usually jpeg or
> tiff) to eps.
>
> Only of you are using the wrong programs for
> conversion.

I was using tiff2ps for the conversion. But I felt (on
screen when viewd using gv) that the resolution is
lower for ps than tiff (viewed using gimp)

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Dileep

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com