[Tugindia] Grpahics in pdflatex

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tugindia@tug.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:34:41 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I am facing some problems to include graphics in
pdflatex. I have  some scanned images which I further
modified in "corel draw" (a windows based software)
and saved as .eps. I have no problem in incorporating
these eps files in latex. But when I convert these
images to image.pdf using epstopdf and use in
pdflatex, the images do not appear properly in the
output.pdf. However, there is no problem in viewing
these image.pdf with acroread and xpdf. The problem
happens only when I include it in the tex file. I
would like to know why is this happening.

I then tried incorporating the image.tif in pdflatex,
but then the pdflatex did not compile. But I did not
face any problem when I used image.jpg.

I always get the following  warnings on compiling
pdflatex. Is there any problem with my pdflatex?

Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): invalid line in
map file: `gbm GothicBBB-M
edium-H
'

Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): invalid line in
map file: `gbmv GothicBBB-
Medium-V
'

Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): invalid line in
map file: `rml Ryumin-Ligh
t-H
'

Warning: pdflatex (file pdftex.map): invalid line in
map file: `rmlv Ryumin-Lig
ht-V

Thanking you,

With best regards,