[Tugindia] The cooking started.

Dr. Dinesh Karia tugindia@tug.org
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:03:36 +0530

CVR> .......... TeXLive has the sources of Metafont book (and TeXBook as
well). You can compile and see the book.

In fact, with the MiXTeX Distribution also the texbook.tex is there but it
reads like

\loop\iftrue
  \errmessage{This manual is copyrighted and should not be TeXed}\repeat
\pausing1 \input manmac
\ifproofmode\message{Proof mode is on!}\pausing1\fi
% halftitle

Perhaps this causes the treble. After removing these lines and then running
TeX on it works. However it does not compile with LaTeX.

In another mail CVR wrote

CVR> Please don't post html formatted mails to the list...

I am sorry for the same. In fact, while getting this mail I had been also
posting. So, there are a couple of other html mails also. Now I will post
only in text format.

Dinesh Karia