[Tugindia] pdfscreen.sty

Dr. Dinesh Karia tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:12:56 +0530

----- Original Message -----
FR = "Fr. Jerome Cyber Centre"
To: <tugindia@tug.org>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 3:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Tugindia] pdfscreen.sty

FR> How to achieve the following using pdfscreen.sty?
FR> 1. Transition from one slide to another?
FR>     (I tried \pagedissolve but nothing seems to happen)

\pagedissolve{Wipe /D 2 /Di 270 /Dm /H /M /O} should work. Or you may use
the pdfslide.sty by CVR

FR> 2. Suppose a particular slide contains a list of items;
FR>     at the first instance, I want only the first item in the
FR>     list to be shown; when a key is pressd, the next item
FR>     should come up.

In fact, there are number of ways. One, for example, is to prepare a set of
pages for one page output. Say if you have ten items and you want to pause
after each item, then on the first page code only the first item. On the
second code everything of page one and the second item.... and so on. This
is at the cost of size of the file.

Another way I liked is
Try
 \usepackage{texpause} and use \pause when you want the screen to pause. It
will work. However, to the best of my knowledge, the slide-show is never
unidirection, so pressing any key will not work. If you press the down arrow
key the show will advance to the next scene (in some cases, it will pretend
to add something on the existing page) and if you press the up arrow key,
then it will go back to the previous scene. The scroll of the mouse wheel
also works.

FR> 3. I used successfully the pdfpages.sty
FR>    (with a file prepared using pdfscreen.sty) to prepare the
FR>     transparencies as suggested by CVR.
FR>     But I want my transparencies only in BLACK and not in
FR>     color.

This is the matter of background only. You may refer the code of CVR's
manual.tex distributed with the pdfslide package.

Dinesh Karia