[Tugindia] Type 3 fonts problem

harishankar ramachandran tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:16:06 +0530

On Saturday 05 October 2002 01:58 pm, David.Kastrup@t-online.de wrote:
> harishankar ramachandran <hsr@tenet.res.in> writes:
> > I have a strange problem I want help on.
> >
> > 	Platform: RH Linux 7.2
> > 	tetex version: 1.0.7
> > 	xpdf version: 0.92
> >
> > I wrote a paper in TeX and converted it into pdf to submit for a
> > conference.  My litmus paper test is to see if xpdf can display it,
> > since I have yet to see a file that displays correctly under xpdf but
> > gives problems on other viewers/platforms.

	Stuff deleted

> > When I instead ran
> >
> > 	divps -Ppdf -o paper.ps paper.dvi
> > 	ps2pdf paper.ps paper.pdf
> >
> > I now got a file that was correctly viewable by all three (though xpdf
> > still complained about Type 3 fonts) except that all 'fi' sequences were
> > replaced by the pound symbol.
>
> Known bug in dvips (fixed just pretty recently).  Call it with option
> -Ppdf -j0, or change the j option in config.pdf accordingly.

Well, I tried this and it did nothing. Perhaps my installation is
simply too old. For now, I have to be satisfied with a linux-printable
pdf file or a windows printable pdf file that prints 'fi' sequences
wrong. Hopefully a later version of RedHat will solve my problems ...

Thanks for the help

hari
--
Dr. Hari Ramachandran, Assoc. Prof., 332B ESB, EE Dept, IIT-Madras
Interests: Nonlinear Optics, Nonlinear Waves, Plasma Physics, Particle