[Tugindia] Howmany newdimen variable allowed in latex

David Kastrup tugindia@tug.org
01 Oct 2002 09:13:32 +0200

Baskaran <baskaran@sps.co.in> writes:

> Dear sirs
>
> I use the following packages (lot of newdimen variables defined packages)
> with our style file
> \input prepictex
> \input pictex
> \input postpictex
>
> then the following error will come. While I am compiling with article style
> then there is no error.

Are you sure you are loading pictex only once?

Anyhow, you can use m-pictex instead of pictex (part of ConTeXt):
this will substitute some glue for dimen registers.  You can also use
the more conservative pictexwd.

m-pictex.tex, m-pictex.sty:  CTAN: macros/context/cont-tmf.zip
pictexwd:                    CTAN: graphics/pictex/addon/

Email: David.Kastrup@t-online.de