[Tugindia] pushing up figures label in subfigure package.

Manoj Kummini tugindia@tug.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:01:25 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Viswanath P <viswap@yahoo.com> wrote:

>     I am using subfigure package to place the figures side by side.
> I found that there is more space between the figure and the labels.
>
> I would like to reduce it.  I tried using vspace and
> subfigbottomskip
> which pushed the caption up but not the labels.

Change \subfigcapskip. Try the following example.

\usepackage[center]{subfigure}
\begin{figure}
\centering
\subfigure[a1]{\label{4a}\includegraphics[scale=0.2]{a1.pdf}%
\def\subfigcapskip{0pt}
\subfigure[a2]{\label{4b}\includegraphics[scale=0.2]{a2.pdf}%
\end{figure}

With regards,
Manoj.

=====