[Tugindia] Too few argument: pdftex updation from TeXLive7

Kapil Hari Paranjape tugindia@tug.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:33:19 +0530

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:18:20PM +0530, H S Rai wrote:
> I tries to upgrade "pdftex" from TexLive7 CD, buy issuing:
>
>  ./install-pkg.sh --package=pdftex
>
> It gave following errors:
>
> dirname: too few arguments
> cat: language.us: No such file/ directory
> cat: language.*.us: No such file/ directory
> do work items listed in /tmp/.tmp.pkginst.2073/jobs
> mktexlsr - done
> updmap: command not found
>
> I am using RedHat 7.1 and directory in whicl TeX is installed is
> /usr/share/texmf
>
> Can someone help me in advising how to upgrade pdfTeX?

You cannot mix the RedHat installation of teTeX with the "default"
installation. You have two options:

1. Upgrade RedHat and your teTeX will get upgraded.

2. Remove the teTeX that came with RedHat and install the version
   from the teTeX site in /usr/local.

Regards,

Kapil.