[Tuglist] Class for thesis

H.S.Rai tuglist@tug.org.in
Mon, 27 May 2002 15:19:29 +0530 (IST)

Today at 1:47pm +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

>    TeXLive shows the following thesis classes/packages:
>    ./adfathesis/adfathesis.cls ...........

>    Could you have a look before deciding on a
>    particular one or before start tweaking the
>    existing LaTeX classes?

I could find details for a  few of classes, which is
appended herewith. Can I have comment from some user of
these classes. To me, it appear that "thesis" may be fine as
it does not belong to any particular University or
Institute.

------------------

adfathesis:	Australian Defence Force Academy thesis format.

afthesis:	Air Force Institute of Technology thesis class.
		LaTeX thesis/dissertation class for US
		Air Force Institute Of Technology.

muthesis:	Document classes for University of Manchester
		Department of Computer Science. Includes thesis
		and project report document classes from
		the University of Manchester's Department of
		Computer Science.

pitthesis:	Document class for University of Pittsburgh theses.

thesis:		Typeset thesis. A class for producing a thesis
		based on the report class for a more European
		and more flexible look. Supports options like
		noindent, noitemization, headline, nocenter,
		crosshair, and chapterbib.

ucthesis:	A modified version of the standard LaTeX
		report style that is accepted for use with
		University of California PhD dissertations and
		Masters theses.

utorontothesis:	A LaTeX2e thesis class definition for
		University of Toronto.

utthesis:	LaTeX package for preparation of a thesis that
		meets the requirements of the Graduate School
		of the University of TeXas at Austin.

ut-thesis:	University of Toronto thesis style.

uwthesis:	University of Washington thesis style.

--
H.S.Rai